Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

What is a G-Code

What' s G - codes
G-Code is the common name for the programming language of CNC machines. Somewhat of a generic, catch-all type of term for CNC programming language. Very few machines ad here to this standard today. There are as many varations as there are manufacturers

This is how I think of G-Code. It is a simple language built off of the carlesian Coordinate system for motion control. That is a mouthful. I don't know if that is exactly right, but you will get my meaning in a second when we go through some code live by line. You will remember your high school Geometry soon enough. For the real pros out there, you know there is much more to G-Code then that, but it is a good place to start thinking about it
G-codes
Are there other " Codes " ?
In a word..... yes. We will get to that in a moment. G-Code is also the name of any command in a CNC program that begins with the letter G, G-Codes generally tell the machine to perform an action. G-Codes can tell machines to move a certain distance in the X- Ais for example. Or, make a rapid move to another location. Or, move in an arcing fashion while milling. An on and on and on.

Here are some example of G-Codes
Remember these codes change to a certain degree between CAM Software packages and CNC Machine ManufacturersG00 Rapid positioning
G01 Linear interpolation
G02 CW circular interpolation
G03 CCW circular interpolation
G04 Dwell
G20 Programming in inches
G21 Programming in mm
G28 Return to home position
G40 Tool radius compensation off
G41 Tool radius compensation left
G42 Tool radius compensation right
G43 Tool offset compensation positive
G44 Tool offset compensation negative

1 ความคิดเห็น:

Anonymous said...

I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

Plasma cnc popular posts